My Lifeline

I'd just made my morning tea when I got a text that someone I loved deeply had died.  What do you reply to that?

"Stop playing!!" Of course.

What do you mean she's passed away? What are you talking about?

This is real life and not some celebrity hoax so sadly it's true.

This woman who was my lifeline when I didn't even know I needed a lifeline is gone.

We were introduced by the ex-husband, they were workmates and he recognized her as "my people."

I loved her from the moment we met and we spent so much time together.  We understood each other.  I kept her company as she transitioned into the empty nest thing.

I recognized some issues and was concerned as a friend BUT made sure it was known that nothing crazy could be said about her in front of me. I loved and protected her fiercely! And she did the same for me.

I was with her when her world collapsed and her son was killed by a hit and run driver.

I wrote his obituary.

Sigh.

A year later I left for the sake of my sanity and unfortunately I had to separate myself from everything, even her.

Our last phone conversation and it was like no time had passed.  Just cutting up and reminiscing and her telling me she understood why I had to leave and her door was always open.

That was her.

That was my Gayle.

Sweet. Crazy. Loyal. Funny. Amazing.

She was love.

Man, I loved her.

I miss her already but her soul needed rest.

Rest with angels my dear sweet friend and give your son a big hug and kiss for me.

Until we meet again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Different Are We Really? Part 2

Broken Wakanda Relations

Alright 2018, Here We Are