Love and Ringtones

It's still the month of love, right?

You know what good love makes you do? It makes you want to carry that feeling with you that that person gives you when you're not with them.

You look for a reminder throughout the day of that person to bring a smile to your face or make your heart skip a beat.

Some folks stalk Facebook profiles, go back 238 weeks on Instagram, heck go to their LinkedIn profiles and see what they were doing in 1999.  I just don't have time for that so I do the next best thing, I pick a ringtone.

Music is life to me and I am a lyric person so a lot of thought goes into picking the perfect ringtone.

There was Ledisi's "I Blame You" when I finally stuck my toe back in the dating pool and found someone to hang out with longer than a day or 2.  This one actually stuck and after a month of being a couple I went ahead and assigned the ringtone.  The lyrics were exactly what I was feeling and it was because of him that I was smiling more and in a happy place.

Then when I really, really, really fell head over heads there was Brandy's "Wildest Dreams."   Listen Linda, listen you couldn't tell me nothing. This was it. Game over. Thanks God. You sent him. Thank you and goodnight. Everything I have ever wanted and dreamed of are here and Brandy reminds me of this every time he calls.

The happy ringtones are everything when things are good but honey when things go left, that whole song puts a frown on your face and you never want to hear it again.  The struggle!

It took me forever to sit through those songs after they were no longer my ringtones and feel good about them.

A ringtone also can serve as a reminder of what you don't want anymore and an empowerment theme. Keyshia Cole's "Enough of No Love" was my ringtone for a good 2 years post divorce.

Life is a teacher and I am a good student. I take good notes and underline them twice and even highlight the important lessons.

This is my newest highlight - I will never assign a ringtone to any fella cause I love my music way too much.

These days the Apple ringtone is all the love I need.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Different Are We Really? Part 2

Broken Wakanda Relations

Alright 2018, Here We Are